Background sketched in with chalk

Background sketched in with chalk

Had one of those days today. Everything either went wrong or didn’t happen, but then on reflection it wasn’t as bad as it could be by any stretch of the imagination.

I wanted to start of the background today and get the base texture paste layer down so it would be dry in time for tomorrow, and just before half term I ordered some more as I knew it would run out. Even though it’s been nearly three weeks my order hasn’t come, so onto Plan B.

Fonts from newspaper

Fonts from newspaper

I spent the bits of time I had last week in half term working on the words to go at the bottom of the canvas and when I came to reassess them and print them out today they weren’t anywhere on my computer. Very, very deep breaths as I’d cut the letters out of a newspaper and collaged them individually on screen to make up the titles. Eventually found paper copies I’d printed out and was able to manipulate them slightly so they didn’t look so stark against the hessian.

Wanted to print them onto heat transfer paper and iron them onto the hessian. Did a trial piece to check and melted the whole lot. Another deep breath. Did second experiment and that also failed. Deeper breath. Did it a third time and it worked. Phew!

Title for the third title

Title for the third title

Transferred all the titles onto the hessian and pinned them to the canvases, and they did work but will need stitching to pull it all together.

Just as I finish the doorbell goes so I dash to the door from the shed and it’s my texture paste that the lady on the phone assured me would take at least until the end of the week! Whoop whoop whoop!

So, all in all, a successful day, and it’s not over yet!!

Advertisements